Blackened shrimp is a quick weeknight meal we love to chow down anytime we want shrimp or something quick. Blackened shrimp can be served with grit, mashed potatoes, as a taco, rice, couscous, salad and many more. If you want a taste of Cajun then this is for you. It’s easy, quick, and absolutely delicious!
I have other quick shrimp and other quick and delicious recipes on the blog please check them out, I’ll also add some of the links to the recipes below. I hope you try this recipe and enjoy it as much as we do!
You might want to try;
- 1 Pound shrimp (shelled and deveined)
- 2 Teaspoons Paprika
- 2 Tablespoons Olive oil (or your choice)
- 1 Teaspoon Granulated garlic and onion (each)
- 1 Teaspoon Brown sugar
- ½ Teaspoon Oregano
- ½ Teaspoon Cayenne pepper
- ¼ Teaspoon Dried Thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
In a small bowl, combine all the ingredients.
Marinate for about 10-15 minutes.
- Heat the large skillet over medium-high and arrange the shrimp. If you’re using a small skillet you can cook in batches.
- If you need to coat the skillet/pan just drizzle small oil to coat it.
- Cook for about 2-3 minutes, flip to cook the other side for about 2 minutes or until fully cooked.
Enjoy! You can pair the shrimp with grit, with salad, taco and so on. Enjoy!
Don’t forget to subscribe to the Aliyahsrecipesandtips newsletter for free and receive the new post notifications right into your inbox.
If you try any of my recipes, please feel free to rate and leave your thought. Also, I will love to see what you come up with please tag me on social media @aliyah_recipes #aliyahrecipes
Stalk me on social media: