Ground beef kebab is also known as Kefta some call it Kofta but I simply call it ground beef kebab. This recipe is a combination of ground beef, spices, seasonings, and herbs. If you’re using wooden skewers soak them in cold water to avoid burning while grilling.
When you’re molding the ground beef onto a skewer make sure it stays on the skewers so they don’t come off the skewers while cooking. There’s this spice that’s usually included in this recipe it is called Pas El hanout it is a Moroccan spice but you can prepare it without it so no problem if you don’t have access to it or can’t source it. After mixing the ingredients together leaving it to rest is important this helps allow the ingredients to permeate the ground beef very well so put that into consideration before you start. This kebab is great with pita bread, rice, or on its own.
You might want to try;
- 1 Pound Ground beef (you can use lamb or mixture of both)
- 1 Teaspoon Ground spice (Paprika, cayenne pepper, cumin, cinnamon powder)
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ Teaspoon Turmeric
- 2 Cloves garlic (grated)
- ½ Cup onion (grated)
- ¼-1/2 fresh herb (you can use mint, parsley, cilantro or combination of them)
- Pinch Pas El Hanout; Moroccan spice (optional)
- Salt and pepper
- Soak the skewers in cold water for 10 minutes or more to avoid burning but if you’re using metal skewers skip this step.
Mix all the ingredients together. You can mix in a food processor and pulse for a few minutes then combine with the beef then season with salt or simply use a knife to chop and a grater to grate the garlic.
Cover and allow it to marinate for at least one hour.
- Clean your hand then dip your hand into a bowl of water scoop a fistful of the ground beef mix then mold on the skewer make sure it is well secured and can’t come off, continue until you’re done with the rest of the mixture.
Clean the grill and brush with oil, place the skewers on the grill and cook, allow it to cook for about 2-3 minutes or more before flipping if you don’t allow it to cook for a while it will stick to the grill. Flip and cook the other side, this takes about 4-5 minutes per side or more depending on how hot your grill so also the thickness affects the cooking time.
Serve with pita or rice or your favorite side or as it is. Enjoy.
Don’t forget to subscribe to the Aliyahsrecipesandtips newsletter for free and receive the new post notifications right into your inbox.
If you try any of my recipes, please feel free to rate and leave your thought. Also, I will love to see what you come up with please tag me on social media @aliyah_recipes #aliyahrecipes
Stalk me on social media: