Lo mein dish could be prepared in different ways and with different proteins. In this shrimp zoodle lo mein, I used zucchini hence the zoodle and I used shrimp with other vegetables. You can use pasta for this dish but I decided to use zucchini because I like it and it’s another way to incorporate vegetable into a dish.
So, if you want to replicate this shrimp zoodle lo mein and you don’t want to use zucchini feel free to use pasta. If you love Asian dishes, you need to try this out. It’s even better than take-out!
You might want to try;
- 2 Zucchini (spiralized)
- Shrimp (peeled, and deveined)
- 2 Green onion (chopped)
- 6 Sweet peppers (You can also use bell pepper; sliced/julienne)
- 1 Tablespoon Low soy sauce
- 1 Small clove garlic (about 1 Teaspoon)
- 1 Teaspoon Fresh ginger
- ¼ Cup Red onion (sliced)
- 1 Teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 Teaspoons Olive oil (or your choice)
- 1 Teaspoon Honey
- Dash of hot sauce (optional)
- ½ Teaspoon cornstarch
- Trim of the zucchini ends and spiralize. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk sesame oil, honey, soy sauce, a dash of hot sauce, ginger, garlic, cornstarch and set aside.
- Clean the shrimp and cover with some sauce mixture and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a wok/skillet over medium-high heat. Add the green onion, red onion, sweet peppers (or bell pepper), and the sauce. Cook until the vegetables are soft, and the sauce thickens.
Move the vegetables to one side of the pan and add the shrimp and cook for 1 minute,
Add the spiralized zucchini and combine, season with black pepper and allow warm up. Don’t cook longer than 1 minute. I didn't use salt because the soy sauce contains salt, check and season with salt and pepper if necessary.
This time the shrimp will cook fully. If you cook longer the zucchini will leach water and it will turn mushy and you don't want that.
- Serve and enjoy!
Don’t forget to subscribe to the Aliyahsrecipesandtips newsletter for free and receive the new post notifications right into your inbox.
If you try any of my recipes, please feel free to rate and leave your thought. Also, I will love to see what you come up with please tag me on social media @aliyah_recipes #aliyahrecipes
Stalk me on social media: