Cheddar bacon waffles are one of my all-time favorite savory waffles because it is tasty when you take a bite you’d want to take another bite immediately, you can add more cheese, or more chopped bacon if you desire but the amount I added was just right for me. I used turkey bacon instead of the normal bacon but you can decide on whichever one you want to use.
Cheddar bacon waffles can be paired with eggs, chicken and turn it to waffles sandwiches. Drizzle some syrup, honey, over it, and chow down. If you want to try other savory breakfast recipes, feel free to search the blog and I’ll also add some links below.
You might want to try;
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (scooped and leveled)
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar (adjust to your preference)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 4 strips bacon cooked and diced (you can use more)
- ¼-1/2 grated cheddar cheese (I used mild cheddar cheese)
- 3 scallions chopped
- 4 middle size eggs (or 3 large)
- 1.5 cups milk
- 1 cup unsalted butter melted
- Cook the bacon on a stovetop or in the oven until crispy, diced up and set aside
- Preheat your waffle iron and continue with the batter mixture.
- In a large bowl, whisk to combine the sugar, flour, salt and baking powder. Set aside.
When the bacon is done, chopped bacon, cheese, and scallions to the bowl, and whisk with the flour mixture.
- In another bowl, whisk to combine the eggs, milk, and butter. Set aside.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix until they are combined.
- Portion the batter into your waffle iron and cook for according to the iron manufacturer instructions or until golden brown to your preference.
- When the waffle has finished cooking, remove unto a wire rack and set aside
- Finish cooking the remaining batter.
You can serve with chicken.
You can pair it with eggs.
Drizzle some honey, syrup, or your favorite condiment and enjoy it!.
Don’t forget to subscribe to the Aliyahsrecipesandtips newsletter for free and receive the new post notifications right into your inbox.
If you try any of my recipes, please feel free to rate and leave your thought. Also, I will love to see what you come up with please tag me on social media @aliyah_recipes #aliyahrecipes
Stalk me on social media: