In as much as I love to make our food from scratch, there are sometimes that I cheat when I’m busy. These cheesesteak bites are one of my go-to recipe to make. These cheesesteak bites are prepared with Hawaiian biscuits and stuffed with vegetables, cheese, and beef. They’re sweet and tasty!
They’re pretty easy to make, I used beef, vegetables, and cheese but you can tweak it and use whatever fillings you want. You can use ham, chicken, pork, turkey. Feel free to use cheese as little or as much as you want. I used Hawaiian biscuits but you can use a regular biscuit can, a flaky biscuit can is a good substitute.
You might want to try;
- 1 Can of Hawaiian sweet biscuits (8 pieces/1 can)
- 10 oz Beef for stir fry (your choice)
- 8 Slices Provolone cheese (or your choice)
- ½ Cup Bell peppers (chopped)
- ½ Cup Onions (chopped)
- 2 Tablespoons Unsalted butter (or olive oil)
- ½ Teaspoon Garlic powder
- Pinch of Dried Thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- All-purpose flour for dusting
- 1 Egg + 1 Tablespoon water (egg wash)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Season the beef with garlic, salt, and pepper, then set aside.
- Melt the butter in a skillet over high heat and brown/cook the beef. Remove and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add the onion, bell pepper, thyme, and stir. Cook until the vegetables are soft, season with salt to allow the onion to leach out quickly.
- Chop the cooked beef and transfer to the pan and combine. Check the seasoning and readjust if necessary. Allow to cool down.
- Dust a countertop with flour, open the biscuit and roll out each biscuit one at a time, then brush with egg wash.
Top with half of the sliced cheese, then add the beef mixture then cover with the half of the remaining cheese. Make sure you don’t overfill the biscuit, gently cover the biscuits if necessary, brush with more egg wash to secure the biscuit.
- Place in the prepared pan and continue with the rest. Brush the top with egg wash and bake in the preheated oven according to the biscuit package time or until golden brown. Mine took about 15 minutes.
- Allow to cool down, serve and enjoy!
Don’t forget to subscribe to the Aliyahsrecipesandtips newsletter for free and receive the new post notifications right into your inbox.
If you try any of my recipes, please feel free to rate and leave your thought. Also, I will love to see what you come up with please tag me on social media @aliyah_recipes #aliyahrecipes
Stalk me on social media: