It’s another blessed Monday! Happy New Week, foodies! Today’s recipe is Panla fish soup. It is easy to make and you can use any type of fish you want. I like panla fish and it’s a very versatile fish that could be prepared fresh, baked or fried.
Panla fish soup could be prepared with the folded smoked or dried fish, like the popular ones sold in the market you can smoke them your self too. This soup can be enjoyed with any side dish of your choice. I paired it with fresh homemade bread. I have other soups or stew recipes on the blog please feel free to check them out.
You might want to try;
- 10 pieces Panla Fish (or your choice)
- 2 Red bell peppers
- 2 Rodo (Habanero; adjust to your preference)
- 4 Pieces Tomato Roma
- 1.5 Small Onion
- ½ Cup Mixture of palm oil and olive oil (you can use just palm oil/olive oil)
- 1 Clove Garlic
- Small piece Fresh ginger
- 1 Teaspoon Thyme
- 1 Teaspoon Curry
- 1 Teaspoon onion powder
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic powder
- Seasoning Bouillon/cubes
- Salt to taste
Cut the fish, gutted and rinse thoroughly. Mop up paper towels to dry, season with seasoning bouillon/cubes, thyme, curry, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and marinate for a few hours up to 24 hours, I marinated overnight.
Fry or bake or cook fresh. I baked mine in 350 degrees F preheated oven for about 20 minutes, you can bake until you get the desired texture.
- Clean the peppers and rinse, blend with one onion, garlic, and ginger until smooth or roast in the oven first before blending. I roasted mine then blend to smooth paste.
- In the big saucepan/pot and heat oil on medium-low heat, dice or slice the remaining onion and sauté in the hot oil for about 3-5 minutes.
- Pour the blended pepper and cook until the oil floats or cooked enough. I used a small amount of water when rising the remaining pepper in the blender so you can cut the cooking time. I didn’t blend with any water too. Season with seasoning bouillon/cube, don’t forget you season the fish earlier so go easy, cover to cook.
Before you add the fish make sure you’re satisfied with the consistency of the soup. Add the fish and gently combine cook further for about 5 minutes.
Check the seasoning and readjust if necessary.
Don’t forget to subscribe to the Aliyahsrecipesandtips newsletter for free and receive the new post notifications right into your inbox.
If you try any of my recipes, please feel free to rate and leave your thought. Also, I will love to see what you come up with please tag me on social media @aliyah_recipes #aliyahrecipes
Stalk me on social media: