Thanksgiving is around the corner, instead of roasting the whole bird especially if you’re not entertaining a crowd, try this roasted turkey breast. It’s was roasted in butter and herbs and it is very tasty, moist and with crispy skin.
Roasted turkey breast is very easy to make and requires very few ingredients. I used a bone-in turkey breast that was cut from a whole turkey. I will be sharing the recipe for the other half later. You can serve this turkey with mashed potatoes, rice, with cranberry sauce, cranberry relish, and if you can’t finish it you can use the leftover for sandwiches. I’ll share some recipes you can serve it with.
You might want to try;
- 5-6 Pounds Turkey breast (bone-in)
- 4 Tablespoons butter (softened)
- 2 Tablespoons Parsley
- 1 Tablespoon Thyme
- 2 Teaspoon Rosemary
- 1 Teaspoon Paprika Sage, Onion & Garlic powders(each)
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees then spray a baking dish or line a baking sheet.
Clean the turkey breast (I used half of a turkey breast) and pat dry. Season with salt and pepper and massage it.
- In a bowl, mix all the ingredients make sure the butter is softened.
- Spread the butter mixture all over the turkey gently lift the skin and spread some more inside.
Place in the oven and cook for about 30 minutes when the skin starts to brown lower the heat to 350 degrees F and cook for about 90 minutes or until the temperature reads 165 degrees or when the juice runs clear by poking or slashing the turkey. Baste in between the cooking.
- Allow the turkey to rest for about 10-15 minutes. Slice and enjoy.
Don’t forget to subscribe to the Aliyahsrecipesandtips newsletter for free and receive the new post notifications right into your inbox.
If you try any of my recipes, please feel free to rate and leave your thought. Also, I will love to see what you come up with please tag me on social media @aliyah_recipes #aliyahrecipes
Stalk me on social media: