Strawberries are in season and we’ve been eating and making different desserts, ice cream and all with it. Strawberry pancakes are also on the lists of what we’ve been using strawberries for. These strawberry pancakes are soft, fluffy and delicious.
The ingredients are basic pancakes recipe which are flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, egg, vanilla, butter, and buttermilk. If you don’t have buttermilk simply use milk and add about a tablespoon of lemon or apple cider vinegar and set aside. In the recipe, I separated the eggs and whipped the white eggs this helps with the fluffiness but if you don’t want to go through that just add the whole eggs to the buttermilk and the rest of the ingredients.
You might want to try;
- 2 Cups All-purpose flour
- ¼ cup sugar (adjust to your preference)
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 13/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 Large eggs
- ¼ cup butter (melted)
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1.5 - 2 cups Strawberries (hulled, rinse and chopped)
- Clean the strawberries, chop up add to a bowl and sprinkle about a tablespoon of sugar over it and set aside to release its juice.
In another bowl, whisk buttermilk, melted butter, vanilla extract, separate the eggs and add the yolks and place the white eggs in another bowl and set aside. But if you don't want to whip the white eggs just add the whole eggs to the buttermilk mixture.
- In another bowl, whisk all the dry ingredients, flour, baking soda, baking powder, sugar, and salt.
Combine both the dry and wet ingredients, so make a small hole in the flour mixture and pour the buttermilk and whisk. If you think the batter is too thick add a little bit of milk.
- Add the strawberry (with its juice) and combine.
- Whisk the egg white while a whisk or handheld mixer, whisk the egg until stiff peak.
- Gently fold in the egg white into the batter and set aside.
- Heat a griddle or frying pan to medium heat, grease with butter or cooking spray or oil, once it is hot scoop the about ¼ cup of the pancake mixture and cook on the griddle.
Cook for about 2-3 minutes the batter bubbles flip and cook the other side until golden brown or until you the color you desired. Cook the rest of the dough and serve.
You can pair it with strawberry and syrup/honey or your choice of condiments and fruits.
You can use milk if you don’t have buttermilk just add about 1 tablespoon vinegar or lemon juice to the milk and set aside for about 5 minutes.
Don’t forget to subscribe to the Aliyahsrecipesandtips newsletter for free and receive the new post notifications right into your inbox.
If you try any of my recipes, please feel free to rate and leave your thought. Also, I will love to see what you come up with please tag me on social media @aliyah_recipes #aliyahrecipes
Stalk me on social media: